Tried & True Guacamole
I’m finally posting my guacamole recipe, so you all can stop asking me to make it for you. Just kidding, I really love when friends and family enjoy my food (who doesn’t?).
In all seriousness (guac is very serious), this is my 100% tried and true guacamole recipe. I’ve been making it for years, with no need to deviate from what I know works. No holiday or family get-together goes by without this exact guac on the coffee table. Luckily, it can be made in about 10 minutes or less.
I prefer to make it with jalapeños (or even serranos) but when making it for a crowd or when I know kids will be around, I leave the peppers out. It’s still just as good!
Do you have any recipes your friends and family demands you make? Let me know in the comments and tag me on Instagram!
P.S. I finally started a Facebook page too! You can find it here.
4 ripe avocados
2 limes, juiced
½ red onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
Large handful cilantro, finely chopped
1 large tomato, diced
1 jalapeño, diced (optional)
1-2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp black pepper
Tortilla chips, for serving
- Mash three of the avocados with the juice from one lime. Dice the last avocado and let aside.
- Add in the onion, garlic, cilantro, tomato and jalapeño (if using).
- Mix thoroughly and add in 1 tsp of the salt and the pepper. Taste and add additional salt if necessary.
- Add in the last (diced) avocado and gently mix again.
- Taste for any final adjustments, you may want to add more lime or cilantro. Have some lime leftover? Margarita time.