Cafe de Olla
Now this drink is a fun one. The Cafe de Olla comes from Mexico, and is a warm and inviting coffee beverage. Though most commonly served black, you can enjoy it with your creamer of choice or even some liquor!
I think my favorite part of this drink (besides the coffee, obviously) is surprisingly the orange peel. I didn’t expect to love that part of it, but I think it really completes the flavor and balances the sugar and cinnamon. The Cafe de Olla is so simple to make and is only made better by Black Coffee Market’s flavor oils. The vanilla flavor oil for this adds an extra festive and comforting note to it.
If these oils strike your fancy, use code VEGGIEPASSPORT with your Black Coffee Market purchase and receive an additional $2 off plus a free gift.
CAFE DE OLLA
2 cups water
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 inch piece of orange peel
½ of a cinnamon stick
2 tbsp ground coffee
Black Coffee Market flavor oils
- In a small saucepan, bring the water, cinnamon, brown sugar and orange peel to a boil.
- When the water starts boiling, add the coffee, turn the heat off and stir.
- Cover the pot and let steep for 5 minutes.
- Pour through a strainer to serve (I poured through my CoffeeSock filter).
- Add any flavor oils you like.